Tuesday, June 10, 2008

My spiritual journey (Part 8....or addendum to Part 7)

As with many new Christians I began my faith walk with a very intense interest in eschatology (study of last things). My interest grew exponentially when I joined the Christian radio network as premillenialism and the pre-tribulation rapture were (are) important doctrines to fundamentalism. Let me interject here that in the almost 30 years since that time, I have made the transition over to reformed theology, which, of course, changed my views on the Millenium and other teachings. I want to thank my fellow announcer and good friend from those early days, Rob Robinson, for encouraging me to study the scriptures on my own and think for myself. He challenged me to show him a "secret", pre-trib rapture anywhere in the Bible. When, after approaching the scriptures honestly, I could not justify such teaching, it started me on a path of investigation and discovery. It is exciting to continue to learn new things and grow in the Word of God.

No comments: