Sunday, September 13, 2009

I Do Not Understand

I earlier today received the devastating news that a dear friend of mine has contracted a terminal disease. Her name is Cindy. I had not communicated with her for five months and she moved from this town four years ago, but that does not lessen the shock. It is a lung condition that may have been triggered by a bout with pneumonia. She does not even smoke! She tells me she has been given 6 months to a year. This brings up the age-old question....why do bad things happen to good people? I don't pretend to have all the answers, but the Bible says the rain falls on both the just and the unjust. From our finite point of view as human beings on this planet we cannot see the big picture that God does, but one day I believe we will know as we are known. For now I am praying God will spare Cindy. She told me she is not planning on becoming a statistic and I stand with her on that. I ask anyone who reads this would stand with us and pray for a miracle for Cindy, my dear friend.

No comments: