Thursday, August 19, 2010

Pet Peeve of the Day

Time now for “Pet Peeves” or “Things that Really Tick Me Off”.  On any road or highway of at least four lanes width, the inner or left lane is considered the passing lane.  In other words, in theory, faster traffic uses this passing lane while slower traffic uses the right lane.  So why is it almost every morning on my daily commute to work I am stuck behind someone in the “passing” lane who obviously wants to travel slower than me?  The only logical answer I can come up with is that most of these individuals have a left turn in their future and I assume they feel the need to stake a claim on the inner lane miles before their destination.  I am looking for a left turn myself, but I travel at the posted speed limit or just above.  Of course they are moving at 10mph less than that or slower.  Do I pass these NASCAR experts on the right?  No, I patiently ride their bumpers until they make that inevitable left turn or until I reach my destination…whichever comes first.  Call it stubbornness or insanity, but in the left lane I stay!

No comments: