Saturday, October 23, 2010

Ode to the Creamy Burger

Many years ago, 1979 I believe, I wandered into a convenience store at Caswell Beach, NC one day. In the ice cream freezer something caught my eye called a "Creamy Burger" (the official spelling may have been Creamee, I'm not sure). One of my companions who had previously experienced the frozen treat assured me "Oh yeah...that's really good!". As I bit into the new discovery, my taste buds traveled to places they had never been before. Neapolitan ice cream surrounded by two soft oatmeal cookies, dipped in chocolate was an invention for the ages. I revisited that convenience store many times during that week at the beach and did my part to keep the makers of Creamy Burger in business. Many years went by before I saw another CB and it quickly found its way to my tummy. I haven't had one for many years and after some web searching, I discovered the Creamy Burger went the way of the Edsel and rotary telephones sometime during the 1990's. My desire is that one day, before I leave this plane of existence, the Creamy Burger would return to the frozen food section of the local grocery store and I would, once again, have the opportunity to enjoy this delectable dessert.

No comments: