Saturday, August 20, 2011

They'll Never Learn

Ignorance and the failure to learn from past mistakes will be the downfall of this nation. This fact hits me between the eyes almost every day as I read the news. A guy once told me, "People are dumb." I believe he was right on the mark.

"Dull the minds of these people; deafen their ears and blind their eyes; otherwise they might see with their eyes and hear with their ears, understand with their minds, turn back, and be healed."--Isaiah 6:10

America has an abundance of "dull minds", especially in positions of leadership. I believe the judgment of God has something to do with it....but that's me.

The prophet Jeremiah makes clear the state and fate of this world system:

"Everyone is stupid and ignorant. Every goldsmith is put to shame by his carved image, for his cast images are a lie; there is no breath in them. They are worthless, a work to be mocked. At the time of their punishment they will be destroyed."--Jeremiah 51:17-18

No comments: