Saturday, March 24, 2012

God Works in Mysterious Ways

Just three short weeks ago I posted on this blog my observations concerning two Anglican parishes in my local town. I stated how I believed the two should join to become one strong Anglican presence in the area.  Little did I know that around the time of that post the music director of one parish was making contact with the vicar of the other through a series of events that I can only describe as providential.  In the ensuing weeks the lay leadership of one has met with the minister of the other and talks are continuing.  I plan to attend the worship service of the more established church this Sunday as does the Sr. Warden of the other parish.  Moving forward I pray with both groups that the Lord's will be done.  Many details will need to be worked through but however it all turns out, this is a very exciting time!

No comments: