Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Thoughts

As I sit here in the waning hours of Christmas Eve, 2010, I am thankful to God for His many blessings in my life and family. My 89 year old father is still alive and well, even continuing to live on his own. I have three children and five grandchildren, whom I trust will all be in my home this Christmas weekend for a time of fellowship. I am thankful for my church where I am able to worship with my brothers and sisters in Christ. During these trying financial times I am grateful to the Lord I am employed. The political climate in the world is very volatile these days and I am quite concerned for the future of my children and grandchildren.

I know, however, that God is still on His throne and nothing will not come my way in this life that He has not ordained. What happens to God's people in this life happens for a reason, and one must be prepared to deal with it accordingly. I pray God will strengthen my faith and grow me in His grace as I face the days to come, whatever they may bring. I pray that 2011 would be a year of prosperity and blessing for all. Thanks be to God who gave the greatest gift of all, the Lord Jesus Christ.

No comments: