Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Even More Chrome OS

As I continue to explore my new, free laptop with the Chrome OS, I ventured into the land of video chat this evening. My son 200 miles away and I put it through the paces. When I called him, he was able to answer. When he called me I was unable to answer due to the fact I could not find an answer button to click like the one which appears on my other computers when I receive an incoming call. Maybe there is a trick to answering video chat calls on the CR-48 I am not aware of. When we did establish a connection, the video of myself was good quality. The video of my son was another story. His audio was good for the most part, but the picture left a lot to be desired. There was no smooth, fluid motion....everything had a"jerk" to it....maybe the dropping of frames? I'm not really up on the terminology. I am just a layman when it comes to this geek game. Video chat was possible but the experience was less than satisfying.
Except for banking, bill paying, and anything requiring a printer, I am doing my best to exclusively use the CR-48 for all my computing.

No comments: