Monday, December 26, 2011

Another Milestone

I finally had the opportunity to participate in Holy Communion for the first time at St. Andrews on Christmas evening.  I actually celebrated the Christ Mass on Christmas!  My only disappointments were the low attendance and Fr. Ian MacGregor did not have a Scottish accent :^).  I continue to pray for the Lord's direction in my life as it appears I will soon be casting my lot with the Anglican Church.  I must confess, however, there continues to be a tugging at my heart from the direction of the Orthodox Church.  I also admit that my curiosity has me wanting to investigate the other Anglican parish in the local area.....All Souls.  It is much closer to home than St. Andrews.  Hopefully with Sunday mornings soon to be free, I will take the opportunity to check out these other churches before I make any final commitments.  I so want to find a permanent church home and I want it to be where my Lord would have me be.  I still believe that full time ministry could be in my future, so this next move in my spiritual journey is an important one.

I also want to mention that Lessons & Carols at St. Andrews Church on Sunday the 18th was beautiful and a real blessing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a post-presbyterian Anglican who has a great admiration for the Orthodox church. If you are put off by what some say passes for Anglo-Catholic influence (I disagree to the extent/don't care too much) then you'll really not like Orthodoxy. Listen to some of their songs to Mary on youtube. You'll cringe!

Tymetraveler said...

Just found your comment. Since this December post I have cooled on my interest in the Orthodox church (too far away anyhow). I finally visited All Souls Anglican this past Sunday and was made welcome by the good people there. I love the traditional worship and liturgy. May I ask why you left the Presbyterian church and was it PCA, PCUSA, OPC, EPC......?

Tymetraveler said...

Just found your comment. Since this December post I have cooled on my interest in the Orthodox church (too far away anyhow). I finally visited All Souls Anglican this past Sunday and was made welcome by the good people there. I love the traditional worship and liturgy. May I ask why you left the Presbyterian church and was it PCA, PCUSA, OPC, EPC......?