Monday, October 14, 2013

What About Mary?

I am one of those people who must continue to study and investigate.  My current area of study is Catholicism.  The one area I have the most problem with is, as one might expect, is the teaching on the virgin Mary.  As an Anglican,  I can accept calling her the Mother of God (Theotokos) and I will even give you that she was ever virgin.  However, when it comes to the Immaculate Conception, the Assumption, and titles such as Co-Redemptrix and Queen of Heaven.....well I just cannot get past it.
I will continue my search and studies in this area.  I know I may be chastised by friends and family for saying this, but I believe the Catholic Church has a lot going for it.  There are just a few of their teachings I cannot wrap my brain around.  At this time I am leaning toward the idea that the one true Church of the Lord Jesus Christ is either the Catholic Church or the Orthodox Church.  I continue, sadly, to find more problems with Protestantism as I investigate these subjects.

No comments: