Friday, July 9, 2010

Another Economic Problem

In light of the recent LaBron James news I believe professional athletes are paid entirely too much, but owners are stupid enough to pay it and fans are stupid enough to buy tickets...so what are ya gonna do? I understand a pro athlete's career is short-lived, but that still doesn't justify tens of millions of dollars of annual salary. They can be paid well without the overkill. One day it will all hit a saturation point and fans will not be able to afford tickets to games and events. Of course, many of us are already there. I have attended a few pro sporting events through the years but either I was given free tickets, or someone else provided the financial investment. I will sometimes scrape up the money to see a big concert, but not a ball game.

The madness of escalating ticket prices and athlete salaries will never stop until the economic climate brings it crashing down.

No comments: