Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tea Party

I just discovered that a group of folks has recently started a Tea Party in my local community. In case no one knows, these are average, every-day people who love their country, believe in the U.S. Constitution, fiscal responsibility, lower taxes and smaller government. Contrary to what the NAACP charges, THIS IS NOT A RACIST ORGANIZATION! Sure there are crazies on the fringe of EVERY group or movement. Racism is not a black or white problem....it is a human problem. Anyway I believe the Tea Party movement is a good thing. 19 people attended the first local meeting and 60 individuals showed up at the second meeting. The third is scheduled for next week and I am seriously considering attending. I believe it's about time to peacefully get involved in the political process.

No comments: