Sunday, April 28, 2013

Bump in the Road

After missing last Sunday's mass at my local parish due to a short vacation trip, I was saddened to learn today that our numbers have dwindled at our small church.  Apparently someone was offended by something said or by the way something was handled.  I am being purposely vague to avoid any airing of "dirty laundry" in front of the one or two readers who may actually stumble across this blog.  We have lost a family numbering three and this is quite unfortunate considering the already small size of our congregation.

I believe God is able to make all things work out for good and I pray this will prove to be a good thing as we move forward. For once in my life I want to be among those who persevere.   I told my wife earlier today that I intend to stay at this church until the last person is gone and the doors are closed for good.

No comments: