Sunday, April 14, 2013

Second Week Assessment

Two weeks into my new venture and, apparently, I still have a job.  Things are coming a little easier as I become more familiar with my surroundings and "new to me" computer programs.  If the new boss determines I can do the job, then all that waits to be seen is can I survive on the new pay and adjust my lifestyle to the new pay frequency (monthly as opposed to weekly).

One note related to my former employer, and I share this not in bitterness but just for documentation purposes:  They gypped me out of a day's pay on my final commission check.  I am sure their view of the situation is quite different from mine.  They didn't break any "rules" but it's the spirit of the action.  Just because I wasn't physically in the building working on the final Saturday of the month I received no pay for that day.  I believe as a good will gesture and saying "thanks for the work you did" they could have just as easily given me a full month's commission.  It's that mind set there that reinforces my belief that I made the right decision in leaving that place.  It is quite typical of the way they operate.  However, I will confess it probably all evens out in the long run for reasons I will share at a later time.

No comments: