Saturday, November 5, 2011

Odds and Ends Concerning Bible Translations

You know the old saying, "The more things change, the more they stay the same." I don't know that this saying strictly applies, but I have realized something ironic:

I discussed in an earlier post about my interest in the Anglican church. I noticed that one of the two new Anglican churches in my local area apparently only uses the King James Version of the Bible. After the Lord saved me over thirty years ago, within a couple of years I found myself in an independent Baptist church. As some folks know, the reputation of the "fighting, fundamental, independent Baptists" is that of being "King James Only". King James Onlyism is another subject for another time, but the point I want to make is, that if I end up a part of that particular Anglican church (which at this time is highly unlikely) I will have come full circle in the use of the KJV. The real irony here is that independent Baptists and Anglicans are totally at opposite ends of the theological spectrum.

Switching gears a bit on a totally urelated subject, but having to do with Bible translations....I hope to soon be receiving my new Allan ESV Bible in blue goat skin binding in the next couple of weeks. Great anticipation abounds!

No comments: